The best cologne for young men is one that refreshes the body, gently leaving a fragrance that doesn’t overpower. Cologne is the best type of fragrance to be used during the hot weather due to the fresh aromatic scents associated with it.
The formula for colognes is more suitable for sensitive skin and tends to have a variety of natural botanical ingredients like:
- Blood orange
- Sea salt
Young adults and teenagers over 16 are active, full of energy and thrill loving. It’s also the time when young hearts search for fun and love. This makes boys more self-conscious resulting in a better approach to personal grooming. Being attractive and clean smelling especially during hot weather becomes a must.
The smell is an extremely powerful sense. It has the power to inspire, it changes the mood and fills people with emotions.
Wearing a favorite fragrance be it a cologne or a perfume has a positive effect on the general mood, boosts confidence and makes a person more attractive to be around too.
Cologne vs perfume – what is the most suitable for a young man?
A perfume has a higher concentration of fragrance and can last for hours. This might be seen as something positive as the fragrance will still be there after long hours spent in college, at university or at work. However, strong perfumes are not suitable to be worn for such occasions as they can be too strong.
Rather than using deep fragrance tones found in perfumes, skin experts and parfumiers across the world recommend a more light and refreshing option for young men: wearing a cologne.
Choosing the right cologne
- The fragrance of cologne should reflect the personality of each individual be it active, sporty or carefree.
- The quality of the product should overrule the price – a more expensive bottle of better quality can last longer. To decide on this matter it’s better to test any chosen cologne on a patch of skin, leave the shop for a few minutes and see how long the smell lasts and how it changed from the time of application. The fragrance changes in contact with the skin and it differs from individual to individual.
- Packaging should be attractive, young and a bit quirky – if buying as a gift for a teenager boy
- Take the season into account – Winter fragrances differ from the ones used during the Summer. During the hot weather, it is better to use a light fragrance that refreshes the body and the senses. Choose the best summer colognes by checking specialized review websites or testing them in fragrance shops in malls or High Street.
Teenagers aren’t too fussed about what they should wear and this task falls in the hand of a family member. They might take their inspiration from their mates, trying each one’s body sprays or cologne or choose a brand that is most used by their peers, like Hollister for example.
However, more and more young adults follow the trend set by young online influencers in choosing the right body fragrance product. Also, there is a higher tendency to read online reviews from websites dedicated to these types of products.
Popular cologne for young men
- Hollister SoCal Cologne
- Tommy Hillfiger Cologne
Italian cologne brands
- Ferrari Cologne
- Acqua di Parma
French cologne brands
- Compagnie de Provence Cologne Le Fil de L’Eau
- L’Occitane Cap Cedrat
British cologne brands
- Murdock London Avalon Cologne
- Jo Malone London Myrrh And Tonka Cologne
Choosing the best cologne for young men as a present could be a bit daunting in the beginning. The most important aspect is to remember that the individual’s personality should be matched by a suitable fragrance. Brands and cologne prices are only secondary to it.